The Strip metal coils are produced in large sizes by mills, but end users require these coils broken down to various sizes. Slitting Lines are required to slit coils into narrower widths.
ALCOS Machinery is a leading manufacturer of precision Slitting Lines. ALCOS delivers, outstanding solutions with customizable High-Speed Light Gauge, Medium Gauge and Heavy Gauge Slitting Lines. ALCOS slitting lines, can process materials up to .625 inches (16mm) thick, widths up to 96 inches (2438mm) and coils up to 100,000 lbs (45 tonnes).
ALCOS slitting lines can be equipped to slit ferrous and non-ferrous metals including, hot rolled steel, HRP&O steel, cold rolled steel, pre-painted steel, stainless steel, aluminum, silicon steels, tin plate, copper, and brass. ALCOS high-strength slitting lines are specially designed to process the advanced and ultra-high strength steels and aluminum that are increasingly found in the marketplace today.
With a devotion to meeting customer needs, ALCOS holds the highest standards when it comes to its products.
Typical Slitting Line Parameters
|Light Gauge||Medium Gauge||Heavy Gauge|
|Max. Thickness||0.160” (4 mm)||0.25” (6.4 mm)||0.75” (19 mm)|
|Max. Width||96" (2440 mm)||96" (2440 mm)||96" (2440 mm)|
|Max. Weight||100,000 lbs (45T)||100,000 lbs (45T)||100,000 lbs (45T)|
|Max. Speed||2400 fpm (730 mpm)||1200 fpm (365 mpm)||500 fpm (152 mpm)|
Any questions regarding our products or services?
Request Product Brochures & DVD:
Types of ALCOS Slitting Lines
ALCOS offers slitting lines to cover your full range of slitting requirements. Each line includes unique features to increase productivity and operator efficiency.
Light Gauge Slitting Line for thickness up to 0.160” (4 mm)
Our Light Gauge Slitting Lines are capable of processing coils from 0.006” (0.15 mm) to 0.160” (4 mm) in thickness at speeds of up to 2400 feet per minute (730 MPM). Tin plate, pre-painted and aluminum, as well as light carbon steels of increasingly higher yield strengths can be handled by these lines.
Both entry and exit ends can handle coils up to 100,000 pounds in weight, with widths and diameters of up to 96 inches, and 16 to 20-inch ID coils.
Our light gauge high-speed slitting lines have the power, versatility and rigidity to enable processing of heavier materials.
- The entry unit includes a continuous Thickness Measuring System and a “Pin Hole” Detector, to ensure strip quality.
- A Scrap Baller System is provided as a safe and efficient scrap system which is able to accumulate and wind a minimum width of scrap at high speeds.
- The slitter utilizes a Single Eccentic Head design and a Slitter Injector System with rotary carousel capable of storing three slitters.
- The strip tension system incorporates a remotely Adjustable Catenary Unit, which ensures smooth operation during “Spaghetti” slitting.
- A convenient Exit Crop Shear is provided to enable an efficient means of coil splitting.
- The recoiler has an Interchangeable Drum feature to enable rapid drum changes for processing of both 16” and 20” ID coils.
Medium Gauge Slitting Line for thickness up to 0.25” (6.4 mm)
Medium gauge slitting lines from ALCOS are designed to handle the heavier gauges but still having the necessary precision for the lighter gauges. Our slitting lines are capable of handling coils that weigh up to 100,000 pounds, are up to 96 inches wide, .157 to .25 inches thick, with both 20” and 24” ID. Medium gauge slitters operate at speeds of up to 1200 FPM (365 MPM), ensuring efficient production.
- An Entry Coil Breaker unit can be provided to feed the heavier materials.
- A Two (2) Speed Recoiler Gearbox ensures that higher torque is available at the lower speed range.
- An Entry Crop Shear is provided to eliminate “over gauge” lead ends, and is equipped with a convenient Removable Scrap Disposable System to eliminate manual scrap handling and ensure operator safety.
- A convenient Exit Crop Shear is provided to enable an efficient means of coil size reduction.
- A Rapid Slitter Interchange System utilizing either:
- “Injector Head” System
- “Turret Injector” System
- “Hydra Lok” Lift-Off System
- A variety of edge trim Scrap Systems can be provided depending upon the customer preference and the type of material being processed:
- Scrap Winding
- Scrap Balling
- Scrap Chopper Systems
Heavy Gauge Slitting Line for thickness up to 0.75” (19 mm)
ALCOS heavy gauge slitting lines are designed to slit high strength heavy gauge materials. Coils with capacities of up to .75 inches thick, 96 inches wide, and 100,000 pounds in weight can all be worked with a heavy gauge slitter. Heavy gauge slitters operate at speeds of up to 500 FPM (152 MPM)
- Fully automated state-of-the-art raised passline configuration for slitting high strength heavy gaguge materials.
- 3 slitting modes: full loop, pull through, slitter assist.
- 3 complete slitting heads for quick offline tooling changeovers.
- 3 line speeds for maximum slitting efficiency throughout the full gauge range.
- Uncoiler to recoiler “hands free” strip threading.
Any questions regarding our products or services?
Our Slitting Lines Features
ALCOS slitting lines exceed today’s and the future’s critical requirements for processing demanding customer specifications, including high strength automotive grade steel and aluminum. Our highly automated lines with sophisticated features help our clients to gain a competitive advantage over its competitors.
Our coil slitting lines includes many advance features such as:
- Automatic Coil Loading
- Auto Load Tooling Capstan
- Hydra-Lock Outboard Locking System
- Auto Feed Traversing Tension Unit
- Precision Corrective Hydraulic Cassette Leveler
- Programmable Strip Separator Positioning
- Two Speed Turret Recoiler
- No-Tongue Mandrel
- Automatic Coil Packaging
- Advanced Inspection System
ALCOS Machinery Inc. has put together a team of highly qualified craftsmen and engineers who collectively have over 200 years of experience in the design and construction of metal processing machinery. ALCOS is headquartered in Newmarket, Ontario and has easy access to materials and the staff/skills demanded by the industry market. With manufacturing facilities in Canada and Turkey, we are well placed to serve our customers across the globe.